Monday 1 August 2011

In the Beginning


I started studying jewelry manufacture as a hobby 4 years ago after having made 1/12th scale miniatures as a hobby for for 15 years.


With miniatures I started working with wood and other materials to create small static scenes, this then developed in to working mainly in metal; making chairs tables, gates etc, following which I taught the making of miniatures in metal.
All the following miniatures are made in 1/12th scale (i.e. 1/12th of real size)
Table and chair

Tricycle

Table and chair with Teddy Bear




I have always been interested in jewelry, having  designed my wifes engagement ring and our wedding rings, and then designing other bits of jewelery for her over the years, so it seemed a natural progression to move on from miniatures when I found a suitable course and instructor.


This blog will initially play a lot of catchup until the present where I will then continue to document my continuing journey into jewelry manufacture

No comments:

Post a Comment