Wednesday 30 January 2013

When the lady in your life has everything........

What do you buy the lady in your life for her birthday when she has everything.......
It is trying times indeed....... months before there is a desperate hinting and cajoling to find out what she would like with the usual frustrating response...............

"I dont know..." 

or "just get me anything"...... oh hell yes we can just see where that one is going.....

Or even worse ..."Don't get me anything, I have everything I need"........ 

YEESSSSSS RIIGGGHTTTT

In a moment of sheer brilliance.... yes I can now quite happily reach my hand up in the air above my head lower it down to my back and give my self a quiet pat on the back....

To start the story from the beginning.... my wife Pam is a teacher and her area of work at the moment is developing the use of Apple iPad's in her school as educational tools, and consequently due to this she has been nicknamed iPam by one of the teachers and this spread to,the headmaster and down to the pupils and staff in the school.

So there was I one day ruminating in my office while looking at a print (Scotch on the Rocks) from a well known South African artist - Ann Gadd - who specializes in painting comical sheep (Ewes) in all sorts of activities with the most amazingly humorous captions, and I thought to myself wouldn't it be rather nice to get a painting commissioned using her teaching, the iPads and the kids in a painted scene.


So I got hold of Ann Gadd, sent through a very rough sketch of what I envisaged, followed by a phone call to discuss the finer details and the thoughts behind each part of the painting ........ and so the ball started rolling


My original draft

A couple of days later I received the first draft of the painting...... A few changes to be made.... the drawing was rotated into the standard format Ann uses..... not a problem at all......
And out came the first draft.............
I have to say at this point, I couldn't stop laughing at the humour shown in this draft, it epitomize's Pam (iPam) in her classroom


First draft from Ann Gadd


Final work
The work is 900 x 400 so it makes a very nice size to fit on the wall.... 

Please use the below link to go onto Ann Gadd's site and look at the rest of her incredible art
Art forEwe





No comments:

Post a Comment